Artist Alison Lloyd will lead a circular walk around Llandudno, and surrounding high points with far-reaching views to Snowdonia, where the walk, the journey and the destination together form the art.
• Meet at MOSTYN at 10:30am for 11:00am start. The walk will end at Mostyn at 4:00 pm.
• Wear clothes and shoes appropriate for variable conditions. The walk will take place whatever the weather.
• Participants should bring a rucksack carrying food, snacks and drinks as we will be out for 5 hours.
• Toilets are at the beginning of the walk atMOSTYN, and later on at West Shore.
This intriguing twist on a traditional hike, on Saturday 1st September and suitable for adults and accompanied children over 12, will make connections between contemporary art, outdoor pursuits and urban walking.
Walkers will be shown how to use the technique of ‘micro-navigation’ as a way of experiencing and carrying out the walk, a technique which increases your awareness of the subtle changes in the street and ground levels by measuring the distance travelled by timing and pacing.
• Refreshments at the gallery to finish.
• Maps will be provided.
To download the above information and for information about micro-navigation, click here.
For more information about Alison, click here.
For more information, contact [email protected].