Post-Graduate Opportunity - Digital Curator of Media and Content
As part of this Assistantship, the successful applicant will also assist academic staff in providing a high quality student experience and support for students. As such the successful candidate will be both a student and employee of the University.
The MPhil/PhD studentship is designed to investigate and identify the existing digital content and design a methodology for construction of new platforms for the development and curation of future digital outputs.
The MPhil/PhD is funded 80% FTE for 3 years, FT fees and 20% FTE GTA (I day/week) salary made available by the University and MOSTYN.
The aim of the project is to:
- identify ways in which digital technology is transcending conventional structures of programming, display and engagement re-assess approaches to the digital e.g. as an ‘add on’, making it instead the core of the institution’s operations and programmes. identify the impact on the way the gallery institution and audiences are adapting to the above phenomena
- develop an understanding of existing digital content from the institution’s perspective and an audience perspective
- implement a digital programme strand of activities and experiments e.g. initiating digital residencies for artists and technologists
- establish the foundation of a searchable digital archive and resource to serve as a basis for future research
- integrate relations and evidence audience engagement/reaction
This research will build upon MOSTYN’s existing digital footprint and the evidence based currently available from its programme of activities in order to reshape perception and understanding.
The project will provide training in all relevant aspects of the research process.